Pin It!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Week 4 Weight-Loss Results

I'll cut right to the chase...I'm down one pound from last week!  That makes my total weight loss 12 pounds in four weeks, which is 5.31% of my total body weight.  I also WON the Chub Club mid-point challenge and was awarded $25.  Yeah, buddy!  <--- (read using Pauly Shore's voice)  I thoroughly enjoyed taking my co-workers' money and plan to take the rest of the money pot at the end of the competition.



Too bad my cell phone camera is so slow.  You just barely missed my jazz hands routine.  It was a hot, flabby mess.  I'll keep working on it.  You're welcome.


Last week was challenging.  I continued to want to eat everything in sight.  Hmmm...I'm starting to notice a trend.  One night, all I had for supper was four oatmeal raisin cookies, a Diet Mountain Dew, and a single Hershey's Kiss.  I'm sure there was other junk mixed in, but those were the high points.  I was busy running around with the kids and was just too lazy to make myself something decent.  The kids had a good supper - spaghetti sandwiches.  I fold the spaghetti in a slice of buttered bread so it's not such a mess when they eat.  I hate to admit this, but I also found some cookie dough in the fridge and ate it straight from the container!  I didn't have too much of it, but felt REALLY guilty for eating it.  And then what did I do?  I kept it out instead of throwing it away, so then later I ate a few more spoonfuls!  Der!!

The weekly weight loss is really motivating me to want to be a better version of me.  Rachel 2.0, if you will.  I'm looking at calories, sugar, and sodium in the foods I eat.  What an eye-opener.  I'm planning on starting a garden this spring and want to have home-grown veggies to use for canning in the fall.  I don't know how to garden or can, so this should be interesting.  Also, I'm planning to have the kids help.  What am I getting myself into!?

I'm almost ready to start working out...even just moving around more than I do.  Jumping in and starting doesn't appeal to me - I need to convince myself that working out is something that I can keep doing.  I also feel like I have more energy, and my outlook on life seems to be more positive.  That might just be my mood for today, though.  I had my period last week and was pretty mean and negative about everything.  Compared to that, everything seems better.  :)  Having a baby really messes with your hormones, too.  I'm not sure when things are supposed to regulate.  I had baby #3 in October 2012...it hasn't even been four months yet.  I know I need to give it some time, but I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'll never be normal again.  :S

Photographed by:  Kim Anthony Photography

This picture was taken at the end of December, 2012.  My husband and I lovingly refer to ourselves at "The Fats."  It's a jokingly pointed way of telling ourselves to shape up and change for the better...for our kids.  Since this picture was taken, I've lost 12 pounds and Tim has lost 15.5 pounds.  Way to go, Fats!  

Thanks to everyone who has been following my blog, and leaving such nice, encouraging comments.  I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart (aww...it's Valentine's Day).  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment